About This Program
OUR REGISTRATION PERIOD IS CLOSED. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE PLEASE FILL THIS FORM: http://bit.ly/WizelineAcademyWaitingList
QA is a branch of software engineering that focuses on collaboratively building the right products the right way. Using agile practices and automation, QA aims to scale and certify expected quality.
Designed for QA engineers familiar with testing foundations and best practices, this bootcamp will equip participants with a set of tools to expand their capabilities in automation testing.
This free, four-week online educational program contains four main components:
- Self-study learning path - Our QA team has curated learning paths to complement each workshop session. Completing the corresponding learning path in advance of each session will ensure your success in this course.
- Live, hands-on workshops - Each week, our Wizeline experts will lead you in two hands-on workshops that will give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge gained from the self-learning path in a practical way.
- Mentorship - You will be paired with a mentor who will guide you through the bootcamp via one-on-one sessions and deliverable feedback.
- Capstone project - You will ultimately apply everything that you learn throughout the bootcamp to a final capstone project made up of a number of deliverables.
At the end of this bootcamp, you will be able to design and implement a test strategy into a DevOps lifecycle, as well as create and maintain test automation frameworks that exceed customer expectations.
Registration & Selection Process
You have until November 1, 2021 to register.
Following registration, you will have three days to complete an English assessment and deliver a technical challenge on functional automation.
You will receive the assessment and challenge instructions through a confirmation email promptly after registering.
Between November 8 and 12, we will notify all registrants about their bootcamp application/acceptance status.
Who should take this course?
This bootcamp is designed for QA professionals with the following base experience and knowledge:
- Test strategy: Experience in the creation of a test strategy that applies not only to one role but to the whole development team.
- Automation testing: Understanding of the page object model (POM); experience creating or assisting with the creation of automation frameworks from scratch.
- Agile: Solid understanding of Agile ceremonies; can successfully estimate the amount of work needed to complete a given task, plus identify risks and blockers.
- Bug/defect lifecycle: Ability to identify and report a bug, determine whether a bug is valid, explain and articulate bug details to tech audiences, classify bug severity & priority, and perform sanity testing.
- Testing types: Knowledge of smoke, regression, and sanity testing and when to run them.
- Nice-to-haves, but not requirements: Hands-on experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD); experience updating or contributing to the set up of a pipeline for tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, etc.
Bootcamp Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Academy bootcamp?
It is a free learning program that teaches today’s most valuable and in-demand technical skills through hands-on experience and mentorship.
Why is the bootcamp free?
We believe that education has the power to change someone’s future. This is why we invest in diversifying and expanding opportunities by making these learning programs accessible to all. All of our courses are free of charge.
What is involved in a bootcamp?
Throughout the course, you will be able to access 1:1 meetings with your mentor, gain hands-on experience with real-life scenario challenges, and attend live workshops and study sessions led by Wizeliners.
What are the requirements?
- A personal computer with working Internet connection.
- Commitment to completing the course.
- For technical requirements, please refer to the specific bootcamp course description, as these will vary depending on the level and field.
Do I need previous background experience?
Depending on the bootcamp level and field, experience in the discipline may be recommended, but not required. We want to help you boost your career in tech!
Is there a limited number of students per bootcamp?
Yes. Each bootcamp has a limited number of spots available so we can provide a personalized experience for each student.
Is there a selection process?
Yes. You will need to complete the challenge associated with the bootcamp of your choice. Students will be selected based on their performance on the challenge. All participants will be notified via email about their application status.
What happens after I finish a bootcamp?
At the end of your chosen bootcamp, you will need to submit a capstone project that will be evaluated by our subject matter experts. If you meet all the requisites, you will be awarded a Wizeline Academy diploma. Opportunities do not end when you finish an Academy bootcamp! If you are an outstanding student, you may be invited to fast-track your interview process at Wizeline. You could even receive an offer to work with us!
Personal Computer and Internet Connection
Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
Postman and Jenkins
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Carlos holds a Bachelors in Computer Engineering and a Masters in Sciences with Computing from The Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes. Carlos has more than five years of experience creating automation frameworks from scratch by designing software solutions that meet customer's requirements leveraged to their front-end, back-end, and API testing practices. In addition, Carlos is a Community Champion at Wizeline and is eager to participate with Wizeline Academy.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Luis has 8 years of experience in QA and 3 years of experience coordinating teams as a QA manager. He’s very passionate about technology, quality, and people. Luis has participated as a lecturer in QA Automation Certification programs as well as QA Automation Bootcamps for Wizeline Academy. He is also a Community Champion and he actively leads Technical interviews at Wizeline.